Thursday, May 7, 2009

The beginning

This is the begginning of a Blog that I thought that I would start because of a uncompromising conviction on the direction that I feel that our country is heading. I know that this is a blog so I am not going to write an essay but all of the things that are on my mind, no, I will try to keep it down to one post a day on my thoughts on political, economical, and religious issues that we here about each day.

Obviously, because of the title that I chose for the blog, I have been focusing a tremendous amount of my time lately studying charts, news, current events, and commentary on the US treasury bond market.

It is my belief that the 11 trillion dollar worth of U.S. Debt is the biggest finacial bubble on the planet. And just like the tech bubble, housing bubble, oil bubble, and the credit bubble, it too will soon fall the the same fate as the afore mentioned. I believe that the result of the U.S. economy will be like that of Lehman Brothers or Bear Stearns, when the bond holders of those companies realized that they were not going to be paid back, they began to dump the paper causing a clear sell signal to the sharesholders and short sellers. When the rest of the world realizes that the U.S. is not going to make good on their debt, what do you think that the bond holders of U.S. debt are goin to do?

I do not lean toward the idea of an apocolyptic day when the bond market will completely crater causing skyrocketing interest rates. I more lean toward the gradual divesting of money out of the treasuries causing rates to continuously, day after day, rising to unheard of levels. I think that it will be more like the the way that gas prices went up as a result of the surging oil prices. Every week it seemed like prices would go up 10cents at the pump. Allthough, I do think that it is going to be gradual, I also believe that the treasury crash will pick up steam as is craters day after day.

I try to talk to people about the treasury market, but not many around me know much about it or seem to care. My goal for this blog is to give my daily thoughts on the bond market. Give readers ideas on creative ways to hedge themselves from rising interest rates, a falling dollar, and, surging inflation. I also hope to gain knowledge from the readers comments, because after all, you have to have an intelligent mind to give a hoot about the bond market.

I will warn you, I am not a scholar, I only have a highschool education. I do not claim to be a prophet, but I do have a strong conviction in my heart about the catastrophic direction that our leaders our leading us. I do feel called to be a "voice calling out in the wilderness" about the coming collapse.

Regards,

Cash21

No comments:

Post a Comment